The following guidelines for MOD Assistant in-person services are adapted from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and should be followed by all assistants coming in contact with clients:
* Assistants will check their temperature before leaving their home to assist a client. If your temperature is above 100.7, assistant will remain home.
* Assistants will avoid physical contact with clients (no hugs yet!) We encourage that task details be communicated to the assistant via phone or email entering the client’s home.
* Assistants will bring sanitation equipment to a client’s home (i.e. hand sanitizer, hand soap, sanitation wipes, etc)
* Assistants will bring any necessary supplies to complete tasks (i.e pens, paper, scissors, shipping tape, etc) in order to limit contact with a client’s home items.
* Assistants will wash hands with soap and water upon entering a client’s home and upon re- entry after running errands/leaving the home.
* Any area in a client’s home where an assistant works will be wiped down and sanitized when they are finished.
* As per state guidelines, assistants are required to wear a face mask covering the mouth and nose while in a client’s home.
* If at any time an assistant is feeling ill or has come into contact with someone who has symptoms of the flu/COVID, they will not visit any clients and be tested or self-quarantine for a minimum of 2 weeks.
These guidelines are subject to change based on recommendations from the CDC. We encourage all of our clients to take precautions as well with our assistants’ safety in mind.